....has its origins as the lower school of the ancient Up Holland Grammar School dating back to Elizabethan times. More Recently the school was established by the church in 1870 in buildings opposite the Parish Church and for many years had a fine tradition as a centre of education in the district. The present building dates from 1967 and the infant and junior schools were amalgamated in 1985 to form the present primary school.
The Bamforth family provided the school with Headteachers for nearly a century. William Bamforth became Headmaster in 1866, was succeeded by his son John in 1899, who again was succeeded by his son Geoffrey in 1925. Mr. Geoffrey Bamforth was Headmaster until 1962 and he laid the foundation stone of the present building.
2013-14 Parent / Carer Questionnaire Feedback.....
Our son has enjoyed Nursery since day 1. He was passionate about going in every day and was happy to share his feelings about his new friends and teachers. As parents we are delighted and thankful for making out son enjoy every minute.